Thursday, July 14, 2011

Airplane team reflections

Team reflections on our flight home...

Lindsey
It was so good to return to Thailand, and see how God has worked in me since last time. I was also reminded how much I love these students; each of them is so special and makes me so proud.

Ali
I'm sad to leave my new friends in Thailand, the wonderful food, the laid back lifestyle,  and Lindsey.  I'm excited for the weather in SB, to see my family, to be in the AC at home, and for my bed!

Nathaniel
It's amazing how evident God's work and activeness is in Thailand, a country that is less than 1% Christian. I will always remember how extremely generous everyone was, especially the people we met in the leper colony who seemed to have so little to give.

Jordan
This has been a really good experience that will last a life time. I will miss Thailand and all of the friends I have made.

Austin 
I can't believe that this trip is over; I feel as though it went by so fast, but looking back on it we did so much. I have really seen God over the past few weeks, in the people that we meet and also how all of us as a group grew. I am so thankful for this amazing experience!

Tanner
I can't believe our trip is over but it feels like it has been forever since we have been home.  I'm going to miss the relaxed lifestyle of the Thai people and all of there smiles.  A huge thanks to everyone who helped make this trip possible through financial support and prayer!

Lauren
This trip to Thailand has been some of the best two and a half weeks of my life. I have learned so much about myself and my peers and specifically that Gods love is so universal. Thank you so much for your prayers and financial support, we could not have done it without you!

Ben
What I'm going to miss most about Thailand is the relationships we made with the people we met throughout the trip. Everywhere we went we were warmly welcomed into their communities and shown great hospitality. You could really see God working through these people.

Brandon
This was definitely a life changing trip! I could feel God's presense through the kindness of the women of ALC, the joy of the people in the leper colony, and our work in OmKoi. I have learned to be more vulnerable and open and I can feel God's love and  power working in my life. I thank God for this experience. 

Brian
As this trip comes to a close I know I'm going to miss all the friends I made in Thailand but also all my friends that joined me from Santa Barbara on this awesome adventure. I'm probably only going to see these people only a couple times this next year as I go off to college and I can't imagine a better group of friends that I got to experience this trip with.

Aaron
I am never going to forget this incredible opportunity to serve God. What struck me more than anything during our time on the trip was the incredible kindness and generosity of the Thai People. I can't wait to return to share countless photos of the bright, smiling nation who's people so well reflected God's love. Thank you so much to everyone who allowed us to carry out this mission trip.

Lisa
My first trip to Asia and I was not disappointed.  As with many other mission trips i have been on, the beauty of the Lord was shared in smiles of his children, through the brokenness yet deep faith of those in sad situations, in the laughter and songs of new communities of friends growing together, and in the SIMPLE things of the world.   God was with us and took care of not just the team, but also for me as the leader in some cool ways that were not expected.  I'm thankful for the pieces and people and effort and prayers and encouragement and finances that made this trip happen!  I'm looking forward to see  how we can now live out what was experienced in Thailand.  To God be the Glory, now and forever. 

Ryan
I am so fortunate to have had the opportunity to be apart of this this trip. It's going to be strange to not be living with what must be the coolest group of high school students around. I'm going to miss it. We were family. We shared everything together: meals, beds, baht, laughter, joy, encouragement, and especially what God was doing in our lives and in the lives of the amazing Thai people we met. I don't think we could have experienced more in the time we had.

1 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Willykey said...

So glad to hear that you are home safely. And yes, a life changing pilgrimage. Thanks be to God!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home