Saturday, July 09, 2011

OmKoi on Thursday

Day 10 devotional - Tanner (Thursday July 7)

Every day on our trip we have been doing devotionals centered around a key verse.  Each of us on the team was asked to write one before we left the US.  Our verse for today was Philippians 4:12-13 and it says this:

"I know what it is to be In need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in every situation, wheather well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do all things through him who gives me strength".

  I was asked to share my response to 3 questions pertaining to this verse so they are:

1. What has Thailand taught you about what you have?
Thailand has shown me what i have through the attitude of others.  I see that the people that have so little seem to have the strongest faith.  The challenge for me seems to be to rely on God even when I feel like I can take care of myself.

2. What Has Thailand taught you about being content?
This place has taught me a lot about being content.  I have so much more than all the women ALC but they are still joyful and gladly accept us into their homes.  Also, I realized that I dont need that much to feel fulfilled.  I loved the way we lived and found peace living with so much simplicity.

3. Do you feel like God has given you strength in Thailand?
God has given me more courage then strength.  I always was ok with doing the physical labor or having the energy to go play soccer with the kids, but I never really engaged spiritually.  This has changed for me this on this trip and I have begun to be more open about my story and faith.  I feel like it has has helped me make great strides in my walk with God.  I also felt strength after a little small group made up of kids from california and missionary kids lived in community for a week together.  This showed me that kids who live very different than me still go through the same struggles that i do. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home